Prof. Jayanta Kumar Pati (Director)
Professor, Allahabad University
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Pati is the Director of this centre. He is working in the field of Terrestrial Impact Cratering Research, Geology of Bundelkhand craton (Central India), Gemology and Experimental Mineralogy and Petrology. Professor Pati has published several papers in following fields:
1. Study of terrestrial meteoritic impact craters (in India and abroad) and impact cratering research (including Moon, planets of the inner solar system and comets)
2. Geological study (mineralogy, petrology, geochemistry, structural geology, ore geology, remote sensing and geochronology) of Archean Bundelkhand craton
3. Geoenvironmental study of north central India
4. Basement reactivation and flood plain mapping using field and remote sensing data in Ganga plain
5. Experimental Mineralogy and Petrology at high P-T
Professional and Administrative Experiences
Publications since 2010
Professional and Administrative Experiences
- 2018: Theme Coordinator (Planetary Science), International Geological Congress-2020 (March 2-8, 2020; New Delhi, India)
- 2018: Field Trip Coordinator (Code: NR 001; Title: Dhala Structure, India- a complex impact crater), International Geological Congress-2020 (March 2-8, 2020; New Delhi, India)
- 2017: Member, Board of Discipline, University of Allahabad, Allahabad
- 2017: Nominated as a Member to serve the Planning and Development Board of University of Allahabad vide Clause No.XVI 3(a) on September 1, 2017
- 2017: Appointed as a Member, Central Geological Programming Board Information System in OCBIS, Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines, Government of India
Publications since 2010
- Pati, J.K., Jourdan, F., Armstrong, R.A., Reimold, W.U., and Prakash, K. (2010) First SHRIMP U-Pb and 40Ar/39Ar chronological results from impact melt breccia from the Paleoproterozoic Dhala impact structure, India, in Reimold, W.U., and Gibson, R.L., eds., Large Meteorite Impacts and Planetary Evolution IV: Geological Society of America Special Paper 465, 571-591. (doi: 101130/2010.2465(27))
- Patel, S.C., Ravi, S., Anil Kumar, Y., and Pati, J.K. (2010) Major element composition of concentrate garnets in Proterozoic kimberlites from the Eastern Dharwar Craton, India: implications on sub-continental lithospheric mantle, Journal Asian Earth Sciences, v.39, 578-588. (doi: 10.1016/j.jseaes.2010.04.020).
- Saha, L., Pant, N.C., Pati, J.K., Upadhyay, D., Berndt, J., Bhattacharya, A. and Satyanarayanan, A. (2011) Neoarchean high-pressure margarite–phengitic muscovite–chlorite corona mantled corundum in quartz-free high-Mg, Al phlogopite–chlorite schists from the Bundelkhand craton, north central India, Contrib. Mineral. Petrol., v.161, 511-530. (doi: 10.1007/s00410-010-0546-7).
- Pati, J.K., Prakash, K. and Kundu, R. (2011): Terrestrial Impact Structures and their Confirmation: Example from Dhala Structure, central India. in Dimri, V.P. and Chamyal, L.S., eds., Advances in Earth Sciences-II, Satish Serial Publishing House, New Delhi, 209-221.
- Niyogi, A., Pati, J.K., Patel, S.C., Panda, D. and Patil, S.K. (2011) Silica-rich spherules in road-deposited sediments of Allahabad city, India and their implications, J. Earth Syst. Sci., v.120, No. 6, pp. 1043–1054.
- Pati, J.K. (2012) Impact cratering and the diagnostic shock metamorphic features from Dhala impact structure, central India, Indian Mineralogists, v.46, No.2, pp.185-197.
- Pati, J.K., and Pati, P. (2013) Impact cratering from an Indian perspective, In Ravindra, R. and Sinha, R., (Eds.), Earth System Processes and Disaster Management (Advances in Earth Sciences Series), Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 213-229p. (ISBN 978-3-642-28844-9).
- Pati, J.K. (2013) Impact cratering research and the diagnostic evidences of impact, PLANEX Newsletter, v.3, pp.10-14
- Chakarvoty, M., Pati, J.K., Niyogi, A. and Usmani, M. (2013) The importance of magnetic measurements dovetailed with chemical analysis for the rapid characterization of heavy metal-bearing urban dust load. Journal of Indian Chemical Society, v.90, 2111-2114.
- Chakarvoty, M., Pati, J.K., Patil, S.K., Shukla, S., Niyogi, A. and Saraf, A.K. (2014) Physical characterization, magnetic measurements, REE geochemistry and bio-monitoring of dust-load accumulated during a protracted winter fog period and their implications. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, v.186, 2965-2978. (Springer; DOI:10.1007/s1061-013-3594-4)
- Pati, J.K., Panigrahi, M.K. and Chakarvorty, M. (2014) Granite-hosted molybdenite mineralization from Archean Bundelkhand craton-molybdenite characterization, host rock mineralogy, petrology, and fluid inclusion characteristics of Mo-bearing quartz, J. Earth Syst. Sci., v. 123, 943-958.
- Niyogi, A., Pati, J.K., Panda, D., Chakarvorty, M. and Usmani, M. (2014) Micro-chemical analysis of anthropogenic spherules and its role in spherule type discrimination. Journal of Indian Chemical Society, v.91, 569-573.
- Pati, J.K., Reimold, W.U., Greshake, A., Schmitt, R.T., Koeberl, C., Pati, P. and Prakash, K. (2015) Pseudotachylitic breccia from the Dhala impact structure, north-central India: texture, mineralogy and geochemical characterization, Tectonophysics, 649, 18-32.
- Chakarvorty, M., Dwivedi, A.K., Shukla, A.D., Kumar, S., Niyogi, A., Usmani, M. and Pati, J.K. (2015) Geochemistry and magnetic measurements of suspended sediment in urban sewage water vis-à-vis quantification of heavy metal pollution in Ganga and Yamuna Rivers, India. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment (Springer), DOI 10.1007/s10661-015-4794-x.
- Saha, L., Frei, D., Gerdes, A., Pati, J.K., Sarkar, S., Patole, V., Bhandari, A. and Nasipuri, P. (2016) Crustal geodynamics from Archaean Bundelkhand craton, India: constraints from U-Pb-Hf isotopic studies, Geological Magazine, v.153 (1), 179-192. doi:10.1017/S0016756815000692.
- Pati, J.K., Pruseth, K.L., Chatterjee, R.S., Patel, S.C., Prakash, K., Chakarvoty, M., Singh, R.P., Bhushan, R., Malviya, V.P., Sharma, R. and Champati Ray, P.K. (2016) Hematite-rich concretions from Mesoproterozoic Vindhyan sandstone in northern India: a terrestrial Martian "blueberries" analogue with a difference, Current Science, v. 111, No. 3, 535-542. doi:10.18520/cs/v111/i3/.
- Prakash, K., Mohanty, T., Pati, J.K., Singh, S. and Chaubey, K. (2016) Morphotectonics of the Jamini River basin, Bundelkhand craton, central India; using remote sensing data and GIS technique. Appl. Water Sci. (Springer), DOI 10.1007/s13201-016-0524-y.
- Rai, A.K., Maurya, G.S., Kumar, R., Pathak, A.K., Pati, J.K. and Rai, A.K. (2017) Analysis and discrimination of sedimentary, metamorphic and igneous rocks using Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy, Journal of Applied Spectroscopy (Springer), v. 83, No. 6 (November-December), 1010-1-1010-7.
- Pati, J.K., Qu, W.J., Koeberl, C., Reimold, W.U., Chakarvorty, M. and Schmitt, R.T. (2017) Geochemical evidence of an extraterrestrial component in impact melt breccia from the Paleoproterozoic Dhala impact structure, India, Meteoritics & Planetary Science (Wiley). doi: 10.1111/maps.12826.
- Chakarvorty, M., Pati, J.K., Prakash, K. and Niyogi, A. (2017) Effect of seasonal variation on dust samples of a winter fog affected urban environment of India, South East Asia. International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry (Taylor & Francis), DOI:10.1080/03067319.2017.
- Niyogi, A., Pati, J.K., Patil, S.K., Panda, D. and Chakarvorty, M. (2018) Magnetic measurements and geochemical characterization of the road-deposited sediments (RDS), Allahabad city, India: impact of climatic perturbations on sediment composition and provenance tracing. Journal of Soils and Sediments (Springer; DOI:10.1007/s11368-018-1936-0)
- Niyogi, A., Pati, J.K., Panigrahi, M.K., Panda, D., Chakarvorty, M. and Parthasarathy, G. (2018) Raman, infrared and chemical characterization of fly ash- generated spherules to better constrain their material applications. Journal of Applied Spectroscopy (Springer), v. 85, No.5 (September-October).
- Pati, J.K., Reimold, W.U. and Hauser, N. (2018) Comment on “Anatomy of impactites and shocked zircon grains from Dhala reveals Paleoproterozoic meteorite impact in the Archean basement rocks of Central India” by Li et al., 2018, Gondwana Research, 10.1016/j.gr.2018.03.019.
- Sinha, R., Mohanta, H., Basu, L., Jain, V., Chakraborty, T., Ghosh, P., Pandey, A. Pati, J.K. and Mukherjee, S. (2018), Geomorphology of the Ganga River. In: Mathur, R.P. and Tare, V. (Eds.) Biodiversity of Ganga, Springer. (In Press)
- Nasipuri, P., Saha, L., Xie, H., Pati, J.K., Satyanarayanan, M., Sarkar, S., Bhandari, A. and Gaur, Y. (2018) Paleoarchean crustal evolution from the Bundelkhand craton, north-central India. In: van Kranendonk, M., Bennett, V. and Smithies, H. (Eds.) Earth’s Oldest Rock (2nd Edition), Elsevier, Amsterdam. (In Press)
- Project title: “Study of Lunar Geo-morphological and Impact Cratering Processes through Chandrayaan-1 Datasets" (P.I.: Dr. Vikrant Jain, IITGn, Gandhinagar, India)
- Amount sanctioned:~Rs.17.73 lakhs (August 17, 2016)
- Agency: Space Application Centre, ISRO, Government of India Ahmedabad, India.
- Status: Started
- Project title: “Spatio-temporal evolution of the TTG gneisses in Bundelkhand craton, Central Indian Shield".
- Amount sanctioned: ~Rs.72.66 lakhs (February, 2017)
- Agency: Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India, New Delhi, India.
- Status: Started in anticipation
- Project title: “Dhala Structure, Shivpuri district, M.P., India-a Palaeoproterozoic Meteoritic Impact Structure” (P.I.: Prof. J.K. Pati, University of Allahabad: Co-P.I.: Kuldeep Prakash, BHU, Varanasi, India)
- Amount sanctioned: Rs.3 lakhs (October 30, 2017)
- Agency: International Geological Congress, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India, New Delhi, India.